Wednesday, November 19, 2008

THIN ICE! Water is freezing... and I almost fell in



So the rink is in. Water is poured. Leaves were added, (not intentionally) Right now we're looking at about an inch thick ice, but in my attempt to tight-rope walk the boards up against the garage so I could shovel off some of the late falling leaves, I was one bent index finger away from complete splashdown. 

It's the first time I've ever tried to squeeze by on that side of the rink, and I think it might also be my last. I'm hoping that after this weekend the ice will be thick enough to stand on. The opposite side from the garage, where the ground is the highest, I need to do a little fill in with ice. It would be nice to get the whole surface around a couple inches thick and then have a blanket of snow fall, which I could then shovel into the gap.

Trying to start the rink as early as I did, it's really been a learning experience. If the leaves create a huge problem, I might have to hope for a thaw out, or really work the Zamboni as the season gets into full swing.

Rest of the news:

Couple of job resumes off to various HR folks.
I can't be beat at the Air Hockey game I added to the bottom of the blog.

The eldest performs in his first Rock Concert at HarMar Mall Thursday... he rocks! A shot of some of his finest guitar work.

1 comment:

Lucas said...

Is he going to give HarMar Superstar a run for his money???